I bet you are thinking which holidays, right? But with only 75 days to Thanksgiving, 95 days to Hanukkah and 103 days to Christmas there is not a lot of time left to make any major changes to your website to increase conversion. But that does not mean you can’t do anything.
Your site needs to get into shape for the upcoming holiday season. If you have not optimized your Magento performance yet then you need to get cracking. Don’t make your customer wait. Don’t make them think. Make it as easy as online shopping should be to buy no matter what device they use.
Here are our “12 Ways for Optimization” :
- Remove any field from checkout that you don’t need. Forget the fax numbers, company names, gender, date of birth, how did you hear about us. Just remove it. Or if you are not sure get your developers to set up some A/B testing.
- Remember customer preferences for payment and shipping and default to them.
- Add a Remember Me function to your login so they don’t have to re-enter details to log back in until they clear your cookies off their computer.
- Think about installing PayPal Express Checkout.
- People spend up big. So maybe a payment plan option might be something you should offer. We know of several that work with Magento.
- Make sure customers understand any changes to shipping times. Manage their expectations about when their order will be shipped and how long it will take to be delivered.
- Can they ship the order to multiple addresses? You sure about that? Magento has it but not many sites implement it correctly!
- Make it easy for customers to track their order without signing in.
- Modify cross sell options to be within price range of the product being viewed to increase chance of pocket appeal.
- Got wishlist functionality? You using it for cross-selling?
- Ramp up your social media. Start Pinterest boards for gift suggestion for specific recipient groups.
- Make sure you offer online chat. Extend your hours to help people shop and checkout.
Finally do some business continuity planning in relation to site third party dependencies. What if your shipping site crashes and your API fails? Or your credit card gateway? Have alternatives lined up so you can deactivate one and activate the fallback in the event of a third party disaster. Oh and optimize site performance.
Find out how we can increase your online profit through optimization of your online business.